Orientation is for parents and guardians of new and/or first-year students. If your child will be a new student at JFTN, you'll need attend orientation. During the session we will explain school policies and procedures and help you complete required forms. Light refreshments will be served.
What You Need to Bring to Orientation
- Your child’s Health Insurance and/or Medicaid Card
- The name and phone number of your child’s pediatrician
- Names and telephone numbers of 3 Emergency Contacts (People who will pick your child up from school, if we cannot contact you)
- A copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- A copy of your child’s Social Security Card, if he/she has one
- Names and telephone numbers of all the people you authorize to take your child off the school bus
- Updated Medical/Physical Exam Form (Exam must have been done on or after April 1, 2016)
- Photo of your child to be used for ID purposes
All materials will be copied, and the originals will be returned to you.
We also encourage you to bring your child with you to orientation. While you're attending orientation, your child will be looked after by our staff. They'll get a chance to play with their new school friends and get to know our staff.
Most incoming parents have already been scheduled for an orientation session for the 2016/2017 school year. If you have questions about our orientation, please email our admissions coordinator, Laura Luciano, or give her a call at (718) 643-5300 ext. 282.