This week’s parent group will cover children's educational rights. Andrew Weisfeld, J.D., an educational attorney who litigated special education cases for three years at Cuddy Law Firm, will present information to the group. Mr. Weisfeld is a supervising attorney at Lincoln Square Legal Services in conjunction with the Fordham University School of Law.
- how to develop an appropriate IEP (Individualized Education Program)
- reading and understanding an IEP
- evaluating the adequacy of your child’s educational program
- reviewing your child’s educational rights
- how to address problems and advocate effectively