Orientation is for parents and guardians of new and/or first-year students. If your child will be a new student at JFTN, you'll need to attend orientation. During the session, we'll explain school policies and procedures and help you complete required forms. Light refreshments will be served.
Please bring the following documents. We'll make copies and return the originals to you.
- Your child’s Health Insurance and/or Medicaid Card
- The name and phone number of your child’s pediatrician
- Names and telephone numbers of 3 Emergency Contacts (People who will pick your child up from school, if we cannot contact you)
- A copy of your child’s Birth Certificate
- A copy of your child’s Social Security Card, if he/she has one
- Names and telephone numbers of all the people you authorize to take your child off the school bus
- Updated Medical/Physical Exam Form (Exam must have been done on or after April 1, 2016)
- Photo of your child to be used for ID purposes
Bring Your Child
We also encourage you to bring your child with you to orientation. While you're attending the orientation session, our staff will look after your child. This gives your child a chance to play with their new school friends and get to know our staff.
If you do bring your child, please also bring some snacks and diapers. These will help keep your little one comfortable during the two-hour orientation.
Questions & More Information
Most incoming parents have already been scheduled for an orientation session for the upcoming school year. If you have questions about orientation, please email our admissions coordinator, Laura Luciano, or give her a call at (718) 643-5300 ext. 282.